Social Emotional and Mental Health
Strength in Mind
DSPL4 commissions work from Strength in Mind, who work in collaboration with local schools and mental health services to provide a package of support for children and young people aged 0 – 25.
The team offers a range of therapeutic interventions, delivered by qualified and experienced psychotherapists, counsellors, art therapists and therapeutic life coaches.
For more information please visit their website:
Making a Referral
Emotional Based School Avoidance
This guidance is primarily aimed at parents and carers of children who are at the early stages of EBSA (Emotionally Based School Avoidance) and those for whom school is just beginning to be a major source of anxiety and a cause for concern. This booklet will help you to:
- Understand more about anxiety and school avoidance;
- Understand the link between EBSA and SEND;
- Let you know why it is so important for you to work closely together with your child's school;
- Help you understand what your child's school can do to support your child;
- Let you know what you can do to support your child to feel better about going to school;
- Share information about other services that can support you and your child through this difficult time.
Advice & Guidance
CAMHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Hertfordshire provide child & adolescent mental health service
Young Minds provide advice on self-help and mental health/emotional well-being services
MindEd is a free educational resource on children and young people’s mental health for all adults
Time to Change - Let's end mental health discrimination
Family Lives - listening, supportive and non-judgemental
Online Mental Health Support For Children & Young People
What is Sandbox?
The Sandbox is an NHS-funded service to support children and young people in Hertfordshire with their mental health and well-being.
In addition to providing NHS-funded support, The Sandbox is a central place for resources about common mental health issues, with information on how to access additional support or emergency services.